In our search for any person that joins KIN we look at value and cultural alignment. These are the values and cultural orientation:
Humanness - We put people at the start and centre.
Togetherness - We embrace connections and connectedness.
Non-judgement - We’re mindful - and welcoming - of our differences.
Openness - We’re open-hearted, open-minded and open-built.
Imagination and play - We believe in wonder.
The extraordinary - We don’t settle.
Trust - We do the right thing, again and again.
• Care about people
• Be able to handle “the come and go” of people
• Implicitly be OK with the fact that things change
• Display a predisposition to “argument of choice”. In other words, choose how one behaves towards situations and do not proportion blame
• Grit and determination
• Believe in and practice collaboration
• “Stand on the shoulders of giants”
• Understand constant evolution
• Ability to accept and tolerate risk
• Be able to lead people
• Get the best out of people
• Build a team
• Build a team with scaling in mind
• Planning is the only constant and it constantly changes
• Ability to deal with extremes: the 10 yr plan/view and the detail of today
• Problem solver
• Passionate about what the problem is and that it can be fixed in multiple ways
• Have a true solution orientation - the need to solve
• The ability to deal with “what is” and accept that it will (or have to) change
• The combination of strategic and practical
General approach to IT and Business
• No-one is an island - we collaborate across and with other functions
• The discipline in design, architecture, build and customer orientation
• True collaboration across all areas
• Apply one-self broadly - bring other disciplines into one’s world and build value in doing so
• Value one another’s energy
• Do the stuff that you planned to do
• Solve human problems from taking out the trash to the board resolution
• We ship regularly
• Get stuff decided in order to ship
• Share all the time with all the disciplines while shipping
• Iterative evolution thinking
• Do NOT start over - tweak and shift and change until it works
• Always evolve personally
A combination of the following elements are required for this role in various combinations of strength and effort during different stages of the business.
• Strong technical approach: Technically strong, in depth engineering understanding and experience. Be able to build cool software and have deep technical insight and solutioning. Data focused with big data architectural mindset and experience with designing outside-the-box databases.
• Technical leadership: The ability to lead strong technical teams and technical partners. Understand the depth of IT to understand what questions, deep-dive and collaboration to do when. Deep understanding of the IT landscape in order to attract, seek and find talent and retain the talent found. Lead technical delivery, change and delivery that can scale.
• Architectural solution: Know architecture, how front-end, back-end, integrations and all platform levels interact, interface and co-exist or not. Understand how to choose, design and build technology to scale. Lead technology partners according to the KIN values
• Entrepreneurial spirit: Appetite for risk balanced with practical implementation. Growth mindset with regards to technology in general. Apply what you have learned and learn how to change it.